The aim of substation automation
Aside the management of tension bandwidth, in case of malfunction the limitation of affected grid sections is a main topic for substation automation. By selected switching, sectioning points may be changed to provide non affected sections with power as fast as possible. In high voltage plants, an entire equipment of telecontrol and substation automation systems ist mandatory for a long time. Typical issues for substation automation and substation control are:
- Supervision and transmission of measurands and indications to a control centre
- Monitoring of transformers
- Control of transformer step positions
- Control of circuit breakers, disconnectors and earthing switches
- Control of protective equipment
- Integration of protective devices
SAE fulfils the given requirements economically and future orientated under consideration of the highest technical demands in this area e.g.
- 1/n-supervision, measuring circuit test and loop feedback for a secure switch control
- Link of substation control and field devices to various control centre with flexible adaptation of data and addres structures
- Comfortable link of protective devices via IEC 60870-5-103 or IEC 61850
- Easy link to external measuring equipments
- Secured communication via integrated IT-security technolgies
- Comfortable on-site visualisation for a quick check of the plants states
If retrofitting of a station or equipment of a new plant - from simple delivery of components up to project planning including concept, parametrisation, montage and commissioning – SAE offers entire solutions!
Extra reliable system
The rugged bay controller unit net-line BCU-50 was consequnetly designed according to product standard IEC 61850-3 (Communication networks and systems for power utility automation) for highest class of high voltage plants “H“ and links “h“, it offers a custom-fit solution.
As a perfect add-on the user interface designing tool visIT for on-site visualisation, control and diagnostic offers a lean integration inside the RTU. Almost any display (using HMTL-5 capable browser) may be used as HMI; thus under control of highest IT-security demands!
Data sheet BCU-50481.45 KB
Advantages, propperties and technical details of bay control unit net-line BCU-50
Data sheet visIT415.28 KB
Web-based plant visualisation
SAENews - Issue 141.82 MB
Issue 14 SAE newspaper
SAENews - Issue 161.84 MB
Issue 16 SAE newspaper
SAE IT-systems GmbH & Co. KG
Im Gewerbegebiet Pesch 14
50767 Cologne, Germany
Phone: +49 221 / 59 808-0
Fax: +49 221 / 59 808-60
E-Mail: info( at )sae-it.de
Do you have technical problems?
Don't hesitate to contact us!
Phone: +49 221 / 59 808-55
E-Mail: service( at )sae-it.de
If you want to report a faulty or damaged component, please use our repair application.
If you have questions, please contact our Repair and Service department: +49 221/59808-55