Types of sites for casings and power supply according to IEC 61850-3
- Application site
- Common application in Generation plant and MV stations "G"
- Common application in HV substations "H"
- Signal links
- Field connections "f"
- High voltage equipment "h"
Voltage Withstand and Shock resistance
- Isolation with 2.5 kV AC, 3.5 kV DC & 5.0 kV
Impulse withstand voltage (surge) according to class VW3
- Vibration resistance of 10 m/s² acccording DIN EN 60068-2-6
- Shock resistance of 15 g (150 m/s²) as ell as continuous shock load with 10 g with a stress immunity of 6000 Shocks in accordance to IEC 60068-2-27
- Seismic vibrations up to 3.5 mm according to EN 60255-21-3
(measuring relais and protection equipment) in each axis
Protocols and communication paths
The BCU-50 controls all the application-relevant protocols, including:
- IEC 61850 IED and protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-101 telecontrol technology, station control technology
- IEC 60870-5-103 protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-104 TCP/IP coupling to control centre
- DNP3 server, serial/IP RTU & bay controller
- IEC 62056-21 meter connection (IEC 1107)
- SML SyM² meter connection via Ethernet
- DSfG natural gas interface
- Modbus RTU/TCP master/slave
- MPI/3964R/RK512 field bus
- NTP/SNTP/DCF clock synchronisation
In combination with external or SAE communication modules, a wide range of possible communication paths can be realised. These include:
- LAN connections in copper or fibre optic
- FO, fiber optics
- DSL and SHDSL
- dedicated lines in FSK technology
- 3G/4G mobile communication via GPRS, EDGE, HSPA/UMTS and LTE
Ready-to-use complete solutions
If required, the FW-50 can also be purchased as a ready-to-use complete solution. In this case we design and realise on the basis of exact specifications tailor-made, properly wired switchgear cabinets corresponding precisely to the agreed requirement profiles. If required, we deliver directly to the installation site.
All variants can be expanded with a maximum of 8 LAN/RJ-45, 2 LAN/FO and 4 serial interfaces.
- 14 I/O cards*
- 224 digital I/O*
- 112 analogue I/O*
- 19" rack mounting
- a BCU-50 device with wall mounting
- Cable strain relief for BCU-50
* Max. values only apply to limited extent, as some extensions use identical resources.
Your contact persons
Head of International Business Development
Phone: +49 221-59 808-158
Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org