Robustness across the board
Bay station controllers in the electrical power supply must withstand special environmental requirements, especially when the station automation is used in high-voltage equipment, strongly vibrating or shock generating system components as well as environments with a seismic risk.
Show all contact persons
According to IEC 61850-3 BCU-50 devices are designed for use in locations such as power stations and medium voltage stations "G", high-voltage switchgears "H" as well as for signal and field connections "f" and high-voltage connections "h". Special system cards have been developped for use in those rugged areas which satisfy a secure operation.
In different mounting variants the system offers high flexibility through a wide selection of communication interfaces and highly resilient input/output modules, developped for the rugged use in power switching stations, transformer and high-voltage plants.
A variety of powerful function modules offers the basis for vast application areas of BCU-50. Amongst others, the comfortable cross connection of indications or interblocking signals inbetween different devices as well as the flexible integration of external devices such as protection devices or energy meters (via IEC 61850, IEC 870-5-103, Modbus...).
The main application areas are:
- Station and bay controller in medium and high-voltage switchgears
- Gateway and communication router between station buses, field bus and control systems
- Monitoring and control unit for the utilities, waste management and manufacturing industry
Same as at its brother FW-50, a particular strength of BCU-50 lies in the implementation of communication tasks with substations and control systems of many different manufacturers.
Types of sites for casings and power supply according to IEC 61850-3
- Application site
- Common application in Generation plant and MV stations "G"
- Common application in HV substations "H"
- Signal links
- Field connections "f"
- High voltage equipment "h"
Voltage Withstand and Shock resistance
- Isolation with 2.5 kV AC, 3.5 kV DC & 5.0 kV
Impulse withstand voltage (surge) according to class VW3
- Vibration resistance of 10 m/s² acccording DIN EN 60068-2-6
- Shock resistance of 15 g (150 m/s²) as ell as continuous shock load with 10 g with a stress immunity of 6000 Shocks in accordance to IEC 60068-2-27
- Seismic vibrations up to 3.5 mm according to EN 60255-21-3
(measuring relais and protection equipment) in each axis
Protocols and communication paths
The BCU-50 controls all the application-relevant protocols, including:
- IEC 61850 IED and protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-101 telecontrol technology, station control technology
- IEC 60870-5-103 protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-104 TCP/IP coupling to control centre
- DNP3 server, serial/IP RTU & bay controller
- IEC 62056-21 meter connection (IEC 1107)
- SML SyM² meter connection via Ethernet
- DSfG natural gas interface
- Modbus RTU/TCP master/slave
- MPI/3964R/RK512 field bus
- NTP/SNTP/DCF clock synchronisation
In combination with external or SAE communication modules, a wide range of possible communication paths can be realised. These include:
- LAN connections in copper or fibre optic
- FO, fiber optics
- DSL and SHDSL
- dedicated lines in FSK technology
- 3G/4G mobile communication via GPRS, EDGE, HSPA/UMTS and LTE
Ready-to-use complete solutions
If required, the FW-50 can also be purchased as a ready-to-use complete solution. In this case we design and realise on the basis of exact specifications tailor-made, properly wired switchgear cabinets corresponding precisely to the agreed requirement profiles. If required, we deliver directly to the installation site.
All variants can be expanded with a maximum of 8 LAN/RJ-45, 2 LAN/FO and 4 serial interfaces.
- 14 I/O cards*
- 224 digital I/O*
- 112 analogue I/O*
- 19" rack mounting
- a BCU-50 device with wall mounting
- Cable strain relief for BCU-50
* Max. values only apply to limited extent, as some extensions use identical resources.