Powerful telecontrol with integrated LTE modem
The requirements in telecontrol are continually growing. What is more, the comprehensive monitoring and control of supply networks and similarly sized infrastructures is not economically viable without a mobile radio connection. To devise bespoke solutions for modern performance requirements, we have developed the FW-5-GATE-4G. This belongs to the series5e product family and is distinguished – like all products from SAE IT-systems – by durability, functionality and above all tremendous performance. It is based in the micro remote terminal unit FW-5-GATE, but has an integrated LTE modem besides other special features. The FW-5-GATE-4G can of course also be extended individually with extension boards.
The net-line FW-5-GATE-4G brings together powerful telecontrol technology with an LTE modem for flexible mobile radio connection. It has a modern 4G chip set and excels with high reception quality thanks to MIMO technology with two antennas. Download rates up to 150 Mbit/s and an upload speed to the station of up to 50 Mbit/s make the FW-5-GATE-4G an outstandingly powerful communication component. The ability to fall back to 3G and 2G networks allows it to operate even in areas with poor LTE reception. The bay station controller is based on the latest series5e technology, which has at least three times the performance of the series5+ generation with 1200 MIPS. It comes with convenient performance reserves, also in respect to future challenges. The enhanced performance in particular has a positive impact on network communication via IEC 61850 and process point treatment according to the IEC 60870-5-10x standard as well as in high IT security.
FW-5-GATE-4G - All in one: Telecontrol unit, router, gateway and modem
Another advantage of the compact FW-5-GATE-4G in comparison to separate units is its rapid configuration: All components of the telecontrol system are fully configured in setIT. That means there is no need to integrate or adapt an external modem. In addition, all available information from the mobile radio module must be used in the diagnostics functions of setIT. On top of this, installation in the switchgear cabinet is simplified, as there is no need for either an additional power supply for an external model or a connecting cable between the modem and station.
Typical application areas of the FW-5-GATE-4G
- Intelligent local network stations with integration of power measurement devices, ground-/short circuit indicators, network analysis systems and protective equipment
- Feed-in management in renewable energy plants
- Control box for direct marketing and control energy
- Intelligent measurement point for wide range regulation in distribution networks
- Monitoring of media and infrastructure systems in pipelines
- Controls for street lighting
- Merging virtual power stations
The FW-5-GATE-4G takes IT security seriously
Like all products of the series5e, the FW-5-GATE-4G stands for high IT security. It enables extensive IT security measures, as required in the current requirement profiles of the BDEW whitepaper and BSI recommendations. From the modern Linux kernel to extended firewall rules with granular activation through to user administration with free role assignment (RBAC): The FW-5-GATE-4G allows an outstandingly high level of IT security.
The FW-5-GATE-4G as a connection-ready complete solution
If required, the FW-5-GATE-4G can also be purchased as a ready-to-use complete solution. In this case we will assemble individually designed, ready-to-work small systems depending on specifications and function requirements – so we can ensure customised solutions for your requirements. In addition to the telecontrol unit, these systems generally also include all the other necessary components, for instance an uninterruptible power supply, relays, transfer terminals and many more. The components are usually installed in Eaton or Rittal housings.
You can find more information on the technical specifications of the FW-5-GATE-4G in the data sheet of the model.
Capacity and functionality
The basic system can be expanded according to individual requirements and has impressive dielectric strength:
- LTE wireless mobile modem 4G/3G/2G
- 2 Ethernet LAN TCP/IP connections
- 2 RS-485 field interfaces
- CL/S0 meter interface in FW-5-GATE-cl
- RS-232/V.24 interface
- Temperature sensor, -25° to 100° C
- Integrated 24 V DC power supply
- Optional wide range supply (20 to 72 V DC) with redundant feed and galvanic isolation via extension board PS-60
- If required, the capacity may be expanded by interface and I/O modules.
- IEC 61850 IED and protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-101 telecontrol technology, station control technology
- IEC 60870-5-103 protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-104 TCP/IP coupling to control centre
- DNP3 server, serial/IP
- IEC 62056-21 meter connection (IEC 1107)
- SML meter connection via Ethernet
- DSFG interface for natural gas equipment
- Modbus RTU/TCP master/slave
- MPI/3964R/RK512 field bus
- SNMPv3 l network management
- NTP/SNTP/DCF clock synchronisation
- VPN tunnel (IPsec IKEv1/IKEv2, OpenVPN*)
- Syslog-ng Server
- LDAP and RADIUS server*
* available from series5e
Product variants of the net-line FW-5
- FW-5 l 1 Ethernet/LAN interface, 1 RS-485 field and meter link, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface, 8 digital wide-range inputs, 4 relay NO contacts, 2 measured values
- FW-5-GATE l 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 2 RS-485 field and meter link, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface
- FW-5-GATE CL l 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 1 RS-485 field interface, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface, 1 CL/S0 meter pulse interface
- FW-5-GATE-4G l Integrated LTE mobile radio modem, 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 2 RS-485 field and meter link, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface
- FW-5-GATE-4G CL l Integrated LTE mobile radio modem, 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 1 RS-485 field interface, 1 CL/S0 meter pulse interface, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface
- FW-5-GATE-450 l Integrated CDMA-450 MHz module, 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 2 RS-485 field and meter link, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface
- FW-5-GATE-450 CL l Integrated CDMA-450 MHz module, 2 separate Ethernet/LAN interfaces, 1 RS-485 field interface, 1 CL/S0 meter pulse interface, 1 RS-232/V.24 interface