Expandable as required
The net-line FW-5000 is a powerful master station, which can be equipped with up to 20 serial interfaces as standard and provides three independent LAN segments.
As in the whole FW series, its telecontrol interfaces can be plugged conveniently and into the connection space of a 19" rack as required. For TCP/IP network connection, there are integrated SWI-1 switches with copper and FO.
Redundant master stations
FW-5000 systems allow use as redundant master stations. To this end, the telecontrol lines are parallel-connected on both master stations and configured line by line. In the event of a fault, the non-conducting station automatically takes over. All party-line-capable interfaces can be used to connect to the network directly. The V24-3 card is used for external modules. Its send signal can be set in tri-satet, so several master stations can be connected directly to the communication module by EIA/RS-232, without expensive T-couplers.
The FW-5000 as a local operator terminal of a station control system
The FW-5000 master station can be expanded to form a station control system and assume additional server functions, if an optional scalable dual-core processor is added. The dual-processor variant FW-5000-Server provides a complete PC environment in the rack. Furthermore, a 1.6 GHz atom processor with Windows-embedded standard operating system can be used to integrate server functions such as OPC server, on-site visualisation or even a complete local operator terminal of a station control system.
The server variant of the FW-5000 provides a further LAN network segment and the option of connecting two additional telecontrol interfaces. This makes a redundant link to control centre networks as well as the connection of other external components possible.
The FW-5000-Server is operated by means of the recessed touch screen FW-5000-touch. Many applications can be conveniently implemented directly on site, for instance diagnostics (by web server), configuration (with setIT) or evaluation of fault records from protective equipment (in Comtrade format; in DigiView from NSE AG or DIGSI® 4 from Siemens). A complete, industrially compatible work station is produced.
Typical fields of use
The net-line FW-5000 can generally be used as:
- a station control device and local operator terminal in bay and power system control technology
- a front end of compact control systems in utilities and waste disposal industries
- a master station for industrial automation applications
- a router for transport and infrastructure applications
- an OPC server
Properties and features
- High interference immunity
- Earthing design with high insulation class
- 1.6 GHz atom processor, Windows-embedded standard platform
- Individualised provision of up to 20 (22)* serial interfaces
- Ethernet integration in 2 (3)* separate network segments
- Precise process data acquisition by means of integrated system monitoring and real-time clock
- Fast access to information on system status by means of diagnostics display with 6 operator keys
- Installation in 19" rack
* Net-line FW-5000-Server
- IEC 60870-5-101 telecontrol technology, station control technology
- IEC 60870-5-103 protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-104 TCP/IP coupling to control centre
- DNP3 server l serial/I
- IEC 62056-21 (formerly IEC 1107) l meter connection
- SML l SyM² meter connection via Ethernet
- DSfG l digital interface for natural gas-metering units
- Modbus RTU/TCP l master/slave
- Profibus-DP slave l fieldbus
- MPI/3964R/RK512 l fieldbus
- SNMPv3 l network management
- NTP/SNTP/DCF clock synchronisation
- VPN tunnel (IPsec IKEv1/IKEv2)
- Syslog-ng Server
Possible transmission routes
- LAN, TCP/IP networks
- DSL, SHDSL
- 3G/4G mobile radio via GPRS, EDGE, HSPA/UMTS and LTE
- TETRA radio communication
- dedicated lines
- Switched telephone lines, analogue, ISDN, GSM
- Field buses