The user-friendly configuration software setIT
The tried-and-tested, innovative configuration software setIT is exceptionally user-friendly and makes fast, smooth commissioning possible. Even complex functions are conveniently integrated and can be set up with a few clicks of a mouse. In close collaboration with our customers and based on continuous improvement measures, we have developed a clear and sophisticated tool with extensive functional scope. setIT from SAE IT-systems is a tremendous solution if you are looking for a multifunctional configuration and diagnostic tool.
Familiar user interface
The user interface of the Windows-based configuration tool setIT uses the widely known tree structure. It offers simple mouse operation using menus, context menus, hot keys and other practical operation methods from the Office world, such as Copy and Paste or Do and Undo. This results in exceptionally short realisation times. Virtual maps of the stations make their configuration easier. Extensive syntax checks such as dynamic menus and context-sensitive masks prevent errors during input. Plus setIT provides extensive entry aids, configuration assistance and copying functions.
Following international standard protocols such as IEC 60870-5 and IEC 61850, communication occurs between control centres, telecontrol units and external components. In this way the perfect solutions for station control systems, telecontrol technology or plant automation can be realised very easily. setIT supports the performance characteristics of our established net-line series from System4 as well as our new series5, series5+ and series5e product generations.
All aspects of security take top priority with setIT
setIT enables extensive IT security measures, as required in the current requirement profiles of the BDEW whitepaper and BSI recommendations. From the modern Linux kernel to switchable services and accesses, port filters, extended firewall rules with granular activation through to user administration with free role assignment (RBAC). And setIT offers several redundancy functions too: The software typically supports redundant control centres, comes with station and process data redundancy and enables substitute path switching as well as path redundancy.
setIT also awaits you with high investment certainty: Thanks to the significant time saving during engineering, the innovative software from SAE IT-systems offers rapid return on investment. In addition to this, the service life of the bay station controllers, free updates within the master version as well as application-oriented licence modules contribute towards the investment certainty enabled by setIT.
You can find further information on the functions and advantages of setIT in the brochure on our Software.
Types of communication
- IEC 60870-5-101 Serial coupling
- IEC 60870-5-102 Remote metering - exclusive routing
- IEC 60870-5-103 Selective protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-104 Linking via TCP-IP/LAN
- DNP3 server l serial/I
- IEC 62056-21 (formerly IEC 1107) l meter connection
- UNIP-Light l Basic protocol for the easy-line and profi-line series
- SML l SyM² meter connection via Ethernet
- DSfG l digital interface for natural gas-metering units
- Modbus RTU/TCP l master/slave
- Profibus-DP slave l fieldbus
- MPI/3964R/RK512 l fieldbus
- SNMPv3 l network management
- NTP/SNTP/DCF clock synchronisation
- VPN tunnel (IPsec IKEv1/IKEv2, OpenVPN*, GRE*)
- Syslog-ng Server
- LDAP and RADIUS server*
* available from series5e
- Dedicated lines, VFT, SHDSL, etc.
- Dial-up links, analogue, ISDN, GSM
- LAN networks
- DSL, xDSL
- GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/LTE with VPN tunnel or within private address range
- Radio networks
- TETRA radio networks
- Packet data with IEC 60870-5-104
- SDS multi-point IEC 60870-5-101
- Party line, multidrop operation
- Star Operation ring structures
- Ring structures
- Concentrator links & routing
- Redundancy paths, alternative paths
Causes of transmission
- Spontaneous at change/threshold value
- Queried by general scan
- In the background
- Transmission of metered values at intervals, spontaneously and synchronously, from 10 s to 8 hours
- Separate transmission for process and logged values
setIT – licence variants
The innovative and multifunctional configuration software setIT is available in different variants – ensuring you find a solution tailored to your needs. We offer this tool in the following versions:
- setIT SUL l Single user licence, expanded diagnostics optional
- setIT MUL l Multiple user licence for simultaneous operation of n users, expanded diagnostics optional
- setIT CUL l Company licence, unlimited use, advanced diagnostics included
- setIT demo l 30-day licence, advanced diagnostics included