Versatile and powerful
The net-line FW-50 is a modular, universally usable telecontrol station, which can at the same time be used as a high-stability router (if required also with redundancy) for demanding communication and automation applications.
Show all contact persons
Two separate network segments allow the control centre and process LANs to be decoupled.
With its plug-in I/O modules and interface modules with a high level of interference immunity, the FW-50 offers a great deal of flexibility. One advantage in this connection is the possibility of cost-efficient re-use of older SAE modules e.g. from the FW-10 and FW-40. Thanks to the three different sizes (S, M and L racks), the FW-50 can be used for a wide variety of applications, from small to very large capacity requirements./
For the implementation of particularly large capacities, several FW-50 units can be cascaded. In this case several racks are linked via an internal LAN and managed with a common station address (that is, treated like a single station). Stations having a few thousand inputs and outputs can be realised in this manner. The system can be installed easily in any infrastructure thanks to the variety of mounting options (top-hat rail, wall or rear wall mounting, use of 19" mounting brackets).
Configuration and commissioning
Convenience during project configuration and fast commissioning are outstanding features of the FW-50. This is mainly down to the configuration software setIT. The large number of configuration possibilities (Bluetooth®, USB memory stick, SD card) and the option of PLC programming (using codeIT) reinforce the user-friendliness of the system.
Fields of use
A series of powerful functional modules forms the basis of the numerous possibilities for using the FW-50. These include for example convenient cross-connection (of information between different telecontrol stations), as well as the integration of external components (for instance protective device coupling via IEC 61850 or IEC 60870-5-103).
The most common applications of the FW-50 include its use as
- a station and bay controller in medium-voltage and high-voltage switching stations with bay and power system control technology
- a monitoring and control device in utilities and waste disposal operations and in industry
- a monitoring and control device in gas pressure regulator stations and block valve stations
- a data acquisition and communication system in transport and infrastructure applications
A particular strength of FW-50 lies in the implementation of communication tasks with substations and control systems of many different manufacturers.
Protocols and communication paths
The FW-50 controls all the application-relevant protocols, including:
- IEC 61850 IED and protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-101 telecontrol technology, station control technology
- IEC 60870-5-103 protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-104 TCP/IP coupling to control centre
- DNP3 server, serial/IP
- IEC 62056-21 meter connection (IEC 1107)
- SML SyM² meter connection via Ethernet
- DSFG interface for natural gas equipment
- Profibus-DP master/slave
- Modbus RTU/TCP master/slave
- MPI/3964R/RK512 field bus
- NTP/SNTP/DCF clock synchronisation
In combination with external or SAE communication modules, a wide range of possible communication paths can be realised. These include:
- Dedicated lines
- PSTN Switched telephone lines
- FunkLAN (Radio LAN)
- TETRA radio
- FO, fiber optics
- DSL and SHDSL
- 3G/4G mobile communication via GPRS, EDGE, HSPA/UMTS and LTE
Ready-to-use complete solutions
If required, the FW-50 can also be purchased as a ready-to-use complete solution. In this case we design and realise on the basis of exact specifications tailor-made, properly wired switchgear cabinets corresponding precisely to the agreed requirement profiles. If required, we deliver directly to the installation site.
All variants can be expanded with a maximum of 8 LAN/RJ-45, 2 LAN/FO and 4 serial interfaces.
- 4 I/O cards*
- 64 digital I/O*
- 32 analogue I/O*
- 7 I/O cards*
- 112 digital I/O*
- 56 analogue I/O*
- 14 I/O cards*
- 224 digital I/O*
- 112 analogue I/O*
* Max. values only apply to limited extent, as some extensions use identical resources.