Compact and cost-effective
The net-line FW-5 is the expandable small-scale station of the high-performance series5 product family. The extremely compact bay station controller for DIN-rail mounting comprises all the components that a high-performance telecontrol and automation system needs for monitoring, control, logging and transmission.
Show all contact persons
It is designed to assume the tasks of many different small applications with its own capacity.
Configuration and commissioning
In conjunction with the configuration software setIT, the FW-5 sets the standards for intuitive project configuration and fast commissioning. A series of further features such as configuration by Bluetooth®, USB memory stick and SD card, and the option of PLC programming (with the aid of the codeIT programming application) demonstrates our focus on user-friendliness.
Fields of use
There are very many different possibilities for using the FW-5. Its powerful CPU, the capability for modular expansion, high level of interference immunity and not least the ease of combination with external components allow flexible use in numerous fields of application
The net-line FW-5 can generally be used in the following fields:
- as a station and bay controller in medium-voltage and high-voltage switching stations with bay and power system control technology
- as a monitoring and control device in utilities and waste disposal operations and in industry
- as a monitoring and control device in gas pressure regulator stations and block valve stations
- as a data acquisition and communication system in transport and infrastructure applications
A focus on renewable energies
Particular emphasis for the use of the FW-5 is currently placed on applications arising from the regulations of the German Renewable Energies Act (Erneuerbare-Energien-Gesetz, EEG). This includes in particular feed-in management for generating stations according to EEG § 6 Paragraph 1, the direct marketing of sustainably generated energy according to EEG § 17, and as a result congestion management for local network stations.
Protocols and communication paths
The FW-5 provides the following protocols:
- IEC 61850 IED and protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-101 telecontrol technology, station control technology
- IEC 60870-5-103 protective device coupling
- IEC 60870-5-104 TCP/IP coupling to control centre
- DNP3 server, serial/IP
- IEC 62056-21 meter connection (IEC 1107)
- SML SyM² meter connection via Ethernet
- DSFG interface for natural gas equipment
- Modbus RTU/TCP master/slave
- MPI/3964R/RK512 field bus
- NTP/SNTP/DCF clock synchronisation
In combination with external or SAE communication modules, a wide range of possible communication paths can be realised. These include:
- Dedicated lines
- PSTN Switched telephone lines
- FunkLAN (Radio LAN)
- TETRA radio
- FO, fiber optics
- DSL and SHDSL
- 3G/4G mobile communication via GPRS, EDGE, HSPA/UMTS and LTE
Ready-to-use complete solutions
If required, the FW-5 can also be purchased as a ready-to-use complete solution. In this case we will assemble individually designed, ready-to-work small systems depending on specifications and function requirements. In addition to the telecontrol unit, these systems generally also include all the other necessary components, for instance an uninterruptible power supply, communication modules, relays, transfer terminals and many more. The components are usually installed in Eaton or Rittal housings.
Capacity and functions:
- 8 x information inputs
- 4 x command outputs
- 2 x 16 bit measured value inputs, bipolar, multi-range
- Ethernet LAN TCP/IP connection
- EIA/RS-485 field interface
- EIA/RS-232/V.24 interface
- Integrated wide range power supply unit, 20 to 72 V DC
- Configuration via LAN, USB memory stick, SD card or Bluetooth® (wireless) in FW-5-BT
- Removable screw terminals or (optionally) spring terminals
If required, the capacity may be expanded by interface and I/O modules.